Band Bio/Song List
GUNSMOKE is a high energy, southern-rock based band from Rochester, NY consisting of five veteran musicians. Since playing their first show in April of 2017, the band’s popularity has rapidly ascended, and has steadily increased audience attendance. They’ve performed at local establishments such as The Dinosaur , Sticky Lips Juke Joint , Pineapple Jack’s, 34 Rush at Batavia Downs Casino, Bar Louie, Iron Smoke Distillery, Robbies Bar and Grill Grill , Pelican’s Nest, Landing Bar and Grill , 2018 Hamlin Carnival, Tmothy Patrick’s , Fatso’s , and Pleasure Lanes . Going forward, Gunsmoke will retain its Southern Rock roots but will be venturing into a revised repertoire with its new members.
Tim Schaertel (lead vocals)
Tim Schaertel has joined the Gunsmoke crew as lead singer and front man. Tim has experience singing heavier material and brings his vocal range and power to our sound. Formerly of Vesperine and Malistorm, as well as diverse faith-based music, Tim has demonstrated a commitment to our new sound and direction and will lead us out of this pandemic!
John Keirsbilck (keyboards/vocals)
John Keirsbilck has elevated Gunsmoke to a whole new level with lightning fast keyboard skills sure to please and astound. John graduated from St. Bonaventure with a major in music. His former bands include Cash Arrow and Top Secret. John's rendition of Peter Frampton’s “Show Me the Way” is absolutely awe inspiring and a can’t miss for any classic rock aficionado.
Larry Ciotti (guitar)
Larry Ciotti previously performed with the band Spring Water and has continued to hone his skills over decades of practice and commitment. Larry has rejoined the Rochester music scene as Gunsmoke's lone guitarist, to the delight of local music lovers. Larry has a quiet and unassuming personality off-stage, but his on-stage energy is as electric as his guitar! His playing style closely resembles a combination of Gary Rossington (Lynyrd Skynyrd) and Dickie Bets (Allman Brothers).
Ray Rock (bass/vocals)
Ray Rock brings decades of musical acumen to the Gunsmoke sound. Ray recently performed in groups such as Critical Mash, Press Start and Jester's Alibi. Ray's commitment to hard driving RocknRoll will provide the anchor for our new direction. Ray's vocal abilities give Gunsmoke even more depth of musical character.
Mark Delmotte (drums/vocals)
Mark Delmotte is the former drummer of Critical Mash and has been providing the 'boom that fills the room' since he was 6 years old. Mark also provides lead vocals on songs such as Crossroads and Whipping Post. Mark's intensity has been a perfect fit for Gunsmoke’s hard driving style and sound.
Song List in revision
- Statesboro Blues (Allman Brothers)
- One Way Out (Allman Brothers)
- Whippin Post (Allman Brothers)
- Wasted Words (Allman Brothers)
- Before Bullets Fly (Gregg Allman)
- Good Clean Fun (Allman Brothers)
- Call Me the Breeze (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Sweet Home Alabama (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- What’s Your Name (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- I Know a Little (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- There Goes Another Love Song (Outlaws)
- Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top)
- Whiskey Man (Molly Hatchett)
- Flirtin’ with Disaster (Molly Hatchett)
- Dreams ((Molly Hatchett Version)
- Rockin’ Into the Night (38 Special)
- Train Train (Blackfoot)
- Already Gone (Eagles)
- Bad Company (Bad Company)
- Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh)
- Black Water (Doobie Brothers)
- Jesus is Just Alright (Doobie Brothers)
- Tennessee Whiskey (Chris Stapleton)
- Back on the Road Again (REO Speedwagon)
- Dixie Chicken (Little Feat)
- Let it Roll (Little Feat)
- Your Mama Don’t Dance (Loggins and Messina)
- Blue on Black (Kenny Wayne Sheppard)
- Keep Your Hands to Yourself (Georgia Satelites)
- House is a Rockin’ (Stevie Ray Vaughn)